Have fun with philanthropy!
Why Support Ragamala?When we formed Ragamala Dance Company 25 years ago, it was with the intention of sharing a rich art form that embodies a sense of timelessness, universality, and relevance—an aesthetic that could be embraced by audiences of all ages and backgrounds. What began 25 years ago as the personal exploration of our artistic heritage has become an internationally-celebrated company that is recognized as an important part of the American dance landscape. In order to sustainably continue this growth, and in order to create the groundbreaking new works that we can and should be creating, we rely on the generosity of individuals like you and your friends.
How You Can Support RagamalaYou care about Ragamala, and you are a part of our extended family. As a part of our family, you are an invaluable advocate for Ragamala and for our work. We rely on you to help us spread our work to your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, friendly looking people in the grocery store, etc.
We are asking you to host an event or activity that is inspired by Ragamala. At the appropriate time during the event, please ask your guests to support Ragamala. This support could include:
- The chance to purchase tickets to an upcoming performance or other ticketed event.
- The chance to donate to Ragamala, either with or without a suggested minimum.
Potential activities can include:
- Host a gathering, either at your home or another private location. Invite 10-30 people who you think would enjoy and appreciate Ragamala. Talk about Ragamala and get your guests excited about Ragamala. At the time of your choosing, guests should be offered the opportunity to support Ragamala.
- Treat your guests to a Ragamala show. Go out for drinks afterwards and offer them the opportunity to support Ragamala.
- Bring your guests to a Ragamala rehearsal or classes to give them access to an aspect of Ragamala that is not normally open to the public. Go out to lunch afterwards and at the right time, offer them to opportunity to support Ragamala.
- Find other points of entry into Ragamala’s work. What do your friends already enjoy and appreciate? For the right audience, there can be compelling events around the dance, the music, the visual art, the literature, the culture of India, the intercultural American experience, or just doing and experiencing new things!
- What do your friends value, and how does this connect to Ragamala’s work? We are always happy to have a conversation with you about how to engage your networks.
You know your network better than we do, and you will be the best judge of both what events they will enjoy and in what ways they may be able to support Ragamala.
At any event, at least one of the Ragamala artistic team, dancers, and/or staff is happy be present and available as needed or desired to ensure a positive and fun event.
Reminder: This is supposed to be fun, both for you and for your guests. It is fun to share the things you care about, and as a member of the extended Ragamala family, we are proud that you care about us.
How This Helps UsWe request that you please tell us the details of your event and those in attendance. Unless otherwise desired, Ragamala will stay in touch with your guests in order to continue to build our relationship with them.
The purpose of these activities is to garner interest, knowledge and passion about Ragamala. This most obviously manifests itself as tickets or donations, but isn’t necessarily limited to these things and sometimes the first step is to just bring Ragamala onto the radar. Without your help, we would not be able to connect with these people, and we immensely appreciate you sharing your passion for Ragamala.